TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Cumbrian Motorhome Hire
We will make every effort to make your motorhome holiday as easy as possible, but we must apply the following terms and conditions, in order to protect both the hirer and the company.
These terms and conditions should be agreed to by signing our booking form on collection of the vehicle.
HIRER DRIVE ENDORSEMENT
Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed that this insurance covers the insured vehicle whilst let out on hire, subject
to the following conditions: –
1) The Insured shall verify the identity and permanent address of the Hirer and any other permitted driver by means other than relying solely on the information contained in the Hirer’s or driver’s driving licence and that such person is not amongst the excluded persons listed below.
2) The Insured Vehicle shall not be let out on hire to or be driven by: –
- a) Hirers under 25 or over 75 years of age.
- b) Hirers who do not hold a full valid United Kingdom or EU driving licence for 2 years
- c) Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or penalty points imposed. Parking and not more than two speeding offences in the past 3 years may be ignored. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
- d) Persons who have any mental or physical defect or infirmity, or suffers from fits, diabetes or any heart condition. We can negotiate with our insurers if any of these conditions apply.
- e) Persons who have had insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
- f) Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
- g) Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
- h) Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
- i) Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
- j) Foreign Service Personnel other than persons born in the United Kingdom.
3) The insured vehicle shall be driven only by the Hirer or other permitted driver who has completed and signed a Hirer’s Proposal Form immediately prior to any hiring.
4) The Insurer’s form of proposal for Hirer Drive insurance or as otherwise may be specifically agreed shall be completed and signed by each Hirer or other permitted driver. Such proposal shall be forwarded immediately to the Insurers. The proposal must be fully completed by the Hirer or other permitted driver in all respects. In addition to the usual declaration and warranty contained in the proposal, the following declaration shall appear on the proposal, namely: –
“I further agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Insurance which I have seen and read or have had the opportunity to see and read”. If the statements and particulars in the proposal are in the handwriting of any person other than the Hirer or other permitted driver, such person shall be deemed to have been the Hirer’s or other permitted driver’s agent for the purpose of completing the proposal form.
5) The Insured shall be considered as the being the agent for the Hirer or other permitted driver for all purposes in connection with this insurance but under no circumstances shall the Insured be considered as agent for the Insurers.
6) The Insured vehicle shall not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature or for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward or any other form of profit or remuneration.
7) Any return premium for cancellation of this insurance or following any other amendment to this insurance will be allowed only at the discretion of the Insurer.
Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance
Provide original license documentation (inc. paper part & photo type). Plus 2 another proofs of ID with the same address on, ie; water bill, council tax bill, electric or gas bill, telephone bill.
The Hirer will be liable for all expenses, fines, endorsements etc, incurred due to violation of traffic laws, parking regulations etc.
Our website www.cumbrianmotorhomehire.co.uk allows you to view vehicle availability, however you can also get this information by calling us on 017684 83985 or 07707891955 or 07947654174.
Once you have decided on the and hire period you would like, and have read these Terms and Conditions, please telephone or email – firstname.lastname@example.org – and we will guide you through the steps needed to make a Booking. We will email you a booking acknowledgement upon receipt of your request to hire a vehicle.
A booking deposit of £200 is required at time of reservation. This will be deducted from the total hire charge at time of paying balances. This deposit is non refundable in the event of cancellation.
Telephone bookings can be made but only held for a period of 5 days if deposit is not received.
Your booking confirmation will be sent to you with an invoice in respect of the balance of hire charges, plus insurance security deposit (£750). The security deposit will be taken on your credit card and refunded 24 hours after the hire ends. The balance must be paid 6 weeks before your booking. Bookings made less than 6 weeks from date of hire, must be paid in full at time of booking.
All cheques should be made payable to Denise Park
The items listed below here are not covered by the motorhome insurance.
Front and rear bumper, windscreen, wing mirrors, external doors, replacement tyres, loss of keys, incorrect fuel contamination, fuel in the fresh water and running out of fuel. These will all be charged to the hirer.
COLLECTION and RETURN
Standard Times – The Motor home is available for collection between 3pm & 6pm and must be returned between 9.00am and 11.00am. Other arrangements can be made, but these must be agreed in advance, depending on the availability of the vehicle.
The motorhome must be returned with a full tank of diesel, the toilet cassette emptied and the waste water emptied. We charge an extra £50 if these are not completed.
We charge a cleaning fee if the Vehicle is not returned in the same condition it was in before the start of the Hire Period.
Also any charges for replacing the full lock set in the Vehicle as a result of lost keys.
Failure to return the motor home within the agreed time on the last day of the day of the hire means the vehicle is not insured. Failure to return on time also incurs a penalty of £50 per hour, together with any other costs incurred, including any compensation payable to the subsequent hirer.
No refunds will be given if the motor home is returned early.
Hirer’s vehicle can be left at our house. Vehicle is left at the owners own risk and we cannot accept any liability for loss.
CANCELLATION BY YOU: If you cancel more than 6 weeks before arrival you will lose your deposit, but will not be charged for the remainder of the booking. If you cancel 6 weeks or less before your hire dates you are liable to pay the full balance for the whole of your booking, less any costs saved by us as a result of your cancellation, for example if we are unable to re-let your accommodation. If in either case we do re-let the accommodation you will be refunded any monies paid minus any costs incurred in achieving a new booking.
Cancellations must be made initially by telephone and then confirmed in writing. We recommend that you take out travel insurance which provides for cancellation cover.
Smoking inside the motorhome is strictly prohibited.
Dogs are free of charge – we ask that they are not allowed onto the bed or furniture.
Every effort will be made to ensure that the motorhome reserved is available. However if due to circumstances beyond our control the vehicle is not available we will in no way be held responsible. We Cumbrian Motorhome Hire will only be liable for a full refund of all monies paid.
We (Cumbrian Motorhome Hire) reserve the right to vary the rates and conditions at any time and to cancel or refuse hire to any person without explanation or prior warning.
INTENDED METHOD OF PAYMENT
Cheque/ Bank Transfers/credit card are all accepted methods of payment. We do not accept American Express
Deposit is £200 and the final payment is due 6 weeks before your holiday starts